175 g polenta
1 liter vegetable stock
50 g Abondance
1/2 tsp dried thyme
80 g flour
100 g breadcrumb
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper
1. Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a pot.
2. Add the polenta, grated Abondance and let it cook while stirring on medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the polenta in a parchment paper lined rectangular cake pan.
4. Smooth the surface with a spoon.
5. Let the polenta cool at room temperature then refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
6. Cut the polenta fries in 24 2,5 cm thick rectangles.
7. Prep 3 bowls, one with the flour (seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper), one with beaten eggs and one with the breadcrumb.
8. Coat the fries in flour, then dip in the eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
9. Fry the fries at 180°C for 5 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
10. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.