4 puff pastry squares
4 thick slices of Valençay
2 red onions
1 tsp honey
1 egg yolk
Salt and pepper
1. Slice the red onions finely.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the honey to the pan, let it cook on low for 20 minutes, stir often. Add a drizzle of water if it starts sticking.
4. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F.
5. Put a generous tablespoon of onion confit in the center of the put pastry, add a thick slice of Valençay and a crack of pepper.
6. Take the 4 corners of the puff pastry square and fold them towards the center, pinch to seal.
7. Brush the pastry with egg yolk.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
9. Eat warm.