200g arborio rice
2 garlic cloves
10 green asparagus
20cl white wine
800ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Chop the garlic thinly.
2. Cut the end of the asparagus and peel the lower part. Steam them for 8 minutes and keep them in iced water until ready to use.
3. In a deep pan or pot, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add the rice and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the white wine to deglaze and stir.
5. Add half the stock, a pinch of black pepper and the lemon juice.
6. Let it cook on low heat, stirring frequently, add the remaining stock a ladle at a time once the stock is absorbed. The cooking part will last around 20 minutes.
7. When the rice is cooked and tender, add the chopped asparagus and cubed taleggio.
8. Stir well to incorporate the melted cheese.
Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.