80g shredded Ossau-Iraty
Salt and pepper
1. Put butter, water and a pinch of salt in a pot.
2. Heat on low until the butter is melted, turn off the heat.
3. Add all of the flour then mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Put the pot back on the stove on medium heat and stir continuously until the dough forms and detaches from the sides of the pot. Put it in a bowl to cool down for a few minutes.
5. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, mix well in between each. The first egg has to be fully incorporated before you add the second one. Dough must be smooth but not too tough.
7. Add shredded Ossau-Iraty, a pinch of pepper and mix well.
8. Transfer the dough to a piping bag. Pipe thick circles on a baking tray, covered with parchment paper. Don’t pipe them too close, they will puff up.
9. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C/350°F. They must be puffy and golden.