First the spicy syrup! In a saucepan boil up 50cl of water adding the following: 4 spices, the cumin seeds, the stick of cinnamon, the lemon, the sugar, and peppercorns.
· While this is coming to the boil wash and peel the pears, but don’t remove the storks.
· Once this operation is finished cook the pears for twenty minutes on a slow flame in the syrup. Then leave to cool and place in the fridge over night.
Next day: Allow the fruit to drain on absorbent paper.
· Cut the bottom of the pear so that it stands straight and with the help of a small spoon take out about five center meters from the top of the pear.
· Then mix the Blue de Laqueuille to obtain a creamy substance.
· Once completed fill the pears with this cheesy mixture and replace in the fridge for two days.
The day you wish to serve this dish preheat the oven to 180ºC (th6)
How to make the crispy cinnamon wrapping! Melt the butter and spread on the thin dough ( feuilles de brik). Then sprinkle on the cinnamon. Cut the dough into circles of 8 centimeters in diameter and cut out another circle of 3 diameters so that one can dress the pears. Cook the dough for 5 minutes and then before serving place around the pears.
This dish is perfect with a tarragon salad, sage and parsley with nut oil
This recipe can also be prepared with Fourme d’Ambert or Fourme de Montbrison.
Our opinion: This little delicacy requires planning and kitchen time. The result is a delicate mixture of cheese with fruit that simulates the palate. Your guests will admire your creative abilities.